- 1 DEFINITIONS
- The definitions to be read with these Terms are set out in full at Clause 19.
- 2. GENERAL
- 2.1 By using any of the Discountvouchers Services via the Site, You expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and all applicable Legislation and Codes governing the use of the Services via the Site. These Terms form a legally binding agreement between You and Discountvouchers in relation to Your use of the Discountvouchers Services and applies to all Discountvouchers Users.
- 2.2 You should read these Terms carefully and ensure that You understand their effect before proceeding to use the Discountvouchers Services. If You disagree with any part of these Terms, do not use the Site for the purpose of accessing the Discountvouchers Services. If You violate these Terms, Discountvouchers may terminate Your use of the Site, bar You from future use of the Site and/or take appropriate legal action against You.
- 2.3 We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time without notice. Any changes We may make to these Terms in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to You by e-mail or when You next use the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services, the new Terms may be displayed on-screen and You may be required to read and accept them to continue. You agree that Discountvouchers will treat Your use of the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services as acceptance of the Terms herein including Your continued use subsequent to any changes.
- 3. DISCOUNTVOUCHERS SERVICES
- 3.1 We act as an intermediary host advertiser of a search, save and share platform (the 'Discountvouchers Platform'). We are dedicated to facilitating an exclusive online venue whereupon Discountvouchers Users can search for and browse categories of, products and services, top offers or an A-Z list of Third Party Retailers and make use of a location and Third Party Retailer filters on the Site to discover what discount codes and vouchers exist for the best Deals available from some of the UK's top merchants ('Third Party Promoter Site'). The Deals can be shared with family and friends using the sharing functionality provided on the Discountvouchers Platform. Discountvouchers is not a retailer, a distributor or an agent. We are an impartial intermediary source and compare service and We have no interest in getting You to pay more than You should.
- 3.2 All Deals for products and services advertised on the Site are owned by, or licensed to, Third Party Retailers who may further permit Third Party Promoters to advertise and promote their Deals on the Third Party Promoter Site. If You see the Deal You want on our Site, You can click on it and be transported to the relevant Third Party Promoter Site where You shall be able to purchase the Deal or alternatively, You may be transported direct to the Third Party Retailer Site where You can purchase the Deal ('Purchasing Site').
- 3.3 All purchases of advertised Deals take place off the Site on the Purchasing Site and are subject to the Third Party Promoter Terms and/ or the Third Party Retailer Terms which will detail the respective obligations of You as the buyer and the Third Party Promoter or Third Party Retailer as the seller including information in respect of refunds, cancellations, returns and exchanges as applicable ('Purchasing Terms').
- 3.4 Discountvouchers cannot make any guarantees to You as to the quality, safety or merchantability of a Deal which is the sole responsibility of the Seller Parties, or that the Deal Details are accurate in all respects and are not false nor misleading as it is Your responsibility to check the Deals independently. Before purchasing a Deal, You must satisfy Yourself as to the authenticity of the Purchasing Site and the acceptability of such Purchasing Terms prior to making a purchase. Consequently, You release Discountvouchers (and our agents and employees) from all Claims and Losses (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any Deal comparison promoted on the Discountvouchers Platform and purchased by You notwithstanding the fact that You viewed the Deal and the Deal Details on the Site before being transferred to the Purchasing Site to complete Your purchase.
- 3.5 IMPORTANT: Discountvouchers Users acknowledge that:
a. Discountvouchers is likely to have many Deals advertised on the Site concurrently and any number of Discountvouchers Users may choose to 'see the Deal';
b. Discountvouchers do not check, audit, vet, monitor or control: the identity, credit worthiness or bona fides of Third Party Promoters or Third Party Retailers, the security of Purchasing Sites or the accuracy of the Deal Details published on the Site or the Purchasing Sites in respect of the Deal; and,
c. Discountvouchers is not party to any contract that may ensue as between You as a buyer and the Seller Party.
Accordingly, Discountvouchers will not be liable to You in relation to any Claims or Losses arising out of any:
e. the non-availability of a Deal;
f. Deal Details;
g. acts or omissions of the Seller Parties; or,
h. Purchasing Site and Purchasing Terms,
all of which are at Your own sole risk.
- 3.6 The Discountvouchers Services offer no advice, recommendations and endorsements in respect of hyperlinks to Third Party Retailer Sites or Third Party Promoter Sites or other third party websites or legal representation under any circumstances. Such hyperlinks are provided for Your ease of reference only and Discountvouchers do not endorse such websites or accept any responsibility for the content of such websites and cannot therefore guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the websites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive or that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact Your computer. By using these hyperlinks to other websites, You agree and understand that Discountvouchers shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from Your use of such hyperlinks.
- 3.7 For each Deal advertised on the Site, Discountvouchers shall not be liable to You where such Deal is no longer available. Market prices for products and services can be volatile and can change on a regular basis and so too can the prices set for the Deals advertised on the Site. When Deals expire they will no longer be displayed on the Site but We cannot guarantee that our Site will always be in sync with the activities of the Third Party Promoters and Third Party Retailers so a delay may be inevitable. Under no circumstances will Discountvouchers be responsible or liable for any pricing errors, delays in implementing pricing changes or for the unavailability of Deals for any reason whatsoever.
- 4. SIGN-UP
- 4.1 To make optimum use of the Site to access the Discountvouchers Services to enable a Discountvouchers Member to be kept informed about the Deals and to manage certain user preferences, You can sign up on the Site by entering Your first name, last name, email, postcode and password and by accepting the terms of the Licence. You will then receive a Welcome email.
- 4.2 You can manage Your Discountvouchers Member Preferences such as choosing to filter the receipt of Discountvouchers Newsletters by selecting only certain categories of products. You can further choose Your top locations as well as the frequency of Your Discountvouchers Newsletters.
- 4.4 Although Discountvouchers cannot monitor the conduct of Discountvouchers Members off the Site, it is a violation to use any information obtained from this Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any Discountvouchers Member without their prior explicit consent.
- 4.5 Discountvouchers Members who do not comply with these Terms may be subject to review, which can result in suspension of Discountvouchers Member and/or termination at any time. This includes all accounts by virtue of association.
- 5. DATA PROTECTION & CONFIDENTIALITY
- 6. DISCOUNTVOUCHERS USER OBLIGATIONS
- 6.1 You must use Your best endeavours to:
a. comply with all the Terms of the Licence; and, b. conduct all use of the Discountvouchers Services in compliance with the applicable Legislation and Codes;
- 6.2 Discountvouchers Users shall not:
a. purchase or register any trade marks, search engine keywords, AdWords, search terms or other identifying terms that include the names of Discountvouchers or the word 'Discountvouchers' or any similar or confusingly similar names or words or any derivative thereof.
- 7. DISCOUNTVOUCHERS OBLIGATIONS
- 7.1 Discountvouchers agrees to:
a. provide the Discountvouchers Services with all due care, skill and ability;
b. devote as much time to the provision of the Discountvouchers Services as may be necessary for their proper performance;
c. conduct all Discountvouchers Services in accordance with the applicable Legislation and Codes;
d. provide promptly and give to a Discountvouchers User all such information as they may reasonably require in connection with the provision of the Discountvouchers Services; and,
e. provide a response in a timely manner to any requests for technical support (in relation to the use of the Site only).
- 8. COMPLAINTS
- Discountvouchers tries to meet the highest standards when providing the Discountvouchers Services via the Site. We take any Complaints We receive about this very seriously. We encourage Discountvouchers Users to bring any Complaints to our attention and We welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. We will try and solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If You are not happy with the way Discountvouchers deals with any Complaint and You wish to take court proceedings, You must do this within England. Relevant English law will apply to these Terms in accordance with Clause 18.
- 9. SECURITY & AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE
- 9.1 You acknowledge and agree that to improve the Discountvouchers Services made available, Discountvouchers may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Discountvouchers Services (or any features within the Discountvouchers Services) to You generally at Discountvouchers's sole discretion, without prior notice to You.
- 9.2 Discountvouchers shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that scheduled maintenance downtime is kept to a minimum in accordance with industry standards and, where possible, scheduled downtime shall be completed outside of normal UK working hours.
- 9.3 Unscheduled emergency maintenance may be required at any time. Discountvouchers agrees to use all reasonable efforts to keep emergency maintenance to a minimum and reduce the effects of any emergency maintenance required.
- 9.4 Discountvouchers does not warrant the validity and accuracy of information on the Site including the Deal Details or the Discountvouchers Services or that the Site is kept up-to-date. The Site and its content and the Discountvouchers Services are delivered on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis. Due to the nature of the internet, Discountvouchers does not represent or warrant to You that:
a. Your use of the Site, the Discountvouchers Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error at all times, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the Site or any content, search or link on it;
b. Your use of the Discountvouchers Services will meet Your requirements;
c. any information obtained or downloaded by You as a result of Your use of the Discountvouchers Services will be accurate, reliable or free of viruses or contamination or destructive features;
d. there will not be any defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided to You as part of the Discountvouchers Services; and,
e. those who intentionally attempt to and/or gain unauthorised access to the same by means such as, without limitation, computer hacking will not be successful.
- 10. WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITIES
- 10.1 In accordance with Clause 3, Discountvouchers cannot transfer legal ownership to You of a product or service constituting a Deal and cannot make any guarantees to a Discountvouchers User who purchases a Deal at their own risk. For the avoidance of doubt, Discountvouchers:
a. has no control over the quality, morality, safety or legality of a product or service constituting a Deal;
b. does not take ownership of any products or services promoted on the Site as Deals;
c. does not guarantee that any minimum or fixed number of Deals will be advertised via the Discountvouchers Platform;
d. does not guarantee on behalf of the Seller Parties that the Deal Details published in respect of the products and services are valid and accurate and will not be responsible for any misrepresentation or inaccuracy therein;
e. does not guarantee that the Seller Party will honour the Deal; and,
f. does not guarantee that interruptions of service on the Site or throughout the worldwide web will not occur during the Discountvouchers User's use of the Site at any time.
- 10.2 As a Discountvouchers User, You warrant, represent and undertake to Discountvouchers that:
a. You will comply at all times with Your obligations set out at Clause 7;
b. all information submitted to the Site in respect of Your identity for Your Discountvouchers Membership is true, accurate and complete in all respects; and,
c. You are solely responsible for any breach of Your obligations under these Terms due to Your act, omission, default or Your failure to comply with any of Your obligations under these Terms and for the consequences of any such breach or failure.
- 10.3 We make no warranty and hereby further expressly disclaim any liability to You and You agree that You have no claim against Discountvouchers in connection with any Claims asserted against, or Losses suffered by You:
a. due to any breach by You of these Terms or breach of warranty by You;
b. in respect of the matters listed at Clause 11.1;
c. due to the acts, omissions and conduct of any Seller Parties in connection with or otherwise related to Your use of the Site, the Discountvouchers Extension and the Discountvouchers Services;
d. due to any errors or omissions on our Site or in relation to any reliance placed by You on any mis-descriptions, misrepresentations, inaccuracy or incompleteness in respect of the Deal Details or other Discountvouchers Content (whether innocent, negligent or fraudulent); e. due to the Seller Party's failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations to You under the relevant Purchasing Terms;
f. due to Your failure or inability to use the Discountvouchers Services functionality at any point in time, or, where the Discountvouchers Services are unavailable at any time for any period. The same shall apply to any Purchasing Site;
g. connected to any linked third party website or any statements, information, content, products or services that are published on, or may be accessible from, any linked third party website including any third party customer/ client facing policies/ contractual terms;
h. due to any changes which Discountvouchers may make to the Discountvouchers Services, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Discountvouchers Services (or any features within the Discountvouchers Services);
i. the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any communications data maintained or transmitted by or through Your use of the Discountvouchers Services; and,
j. due to any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
- 10.4 Subject to Clause 11.5, We shall in no circumstances be liable to You in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any and all Losses suffered by You or Claims asserted against You including consequential, special or incidental loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) or any loss of profit, anticipated profits, business, data, opportunity, revenue, goodwill, or reputation arising from Your use of the Site or the Discountvouchers Services.
- 10.5 Nothing in these Terms is intended nor shall it be construed as an attempt by any party to exclude or limit any liability for:
a. fraudulent misrepresentations;
b. any liability where the law does not permit such exclusion of liability; and,
c. death or personal injury arising from negligence.
- 10.6 Except as expressly set out in these Terms, Discountvouchers gives no warranties and excludes all other express or implied terms, conditions and warranties.
- 11. DISCOUNTVOUCHERS CONTENTS
- With the exception of content submitted to the Site by You, all other content and the selection and arrangement of such content on the Site constitutes 'Discountvouchers Content' and is either owned by, or licensed to, Discountvouchers and is subject to copyright, trade mark rights, and other intellectual property rights of Discountvouchers and licensors of Discountvouchers. Such Discountvouchers Content is protected by UK copyright laws and international laws. Any third party trade or service marks present on Discountvouchers Content not uploaded or posted by You are trade or service marks of their respective owners. Such Discountvouchers Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of Discountvouchers or, where applicable, the licensors of Discountvouchers. Discountvouchers and/ or its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their Discountvouchers Content.
- 12. GENERAL RESTRICTIONS ON USE
- Subject to the following express restrictions, Discountvouchers grants You permission to access and use the Site and
the Discountvouchers Services. You may view Site pages, download Site pages (for caching purposes only) and print Site
pages (excluding Site images) and retain a copy of the same solely for Your own personal, non-commercial use. You agree
that Your failure to adhere to any of these restrictions shall constitute a breach of these Terms on Your part. You agree:
a. not to copy the Site except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the Site, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
b. not to sell, lease, sub-license, rent, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary, modify, distribute or otherwise exploit the Site or Discountvouchers Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Discountvouchers or the respective licensors of the Discountvouchers Content;
c. not to, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Site or the Discountvouchers Services including but not limited to any Discountvouchers Content, in any medium without Discountvouchers's prior written authorisation or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that (by virtue of section 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the Site with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by You during such activities:
(i) is used only for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the Site with another software program;
(ii) is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party; and
(iii) is not used to create any software that is substantially similar to the Site.
d. to include our copyright notice on all entire and partial copies You make on any medium;
e. not to establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
f. not to alter or modify any part of the Site, or any part of the same to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs or to be used in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
g. not to access Discountvouchers Content through any technology or means other than the Site itself or such other means as Discountvouchers may explicitly designate for this purpose;
h. not to access or attempt to penetrate or attempt to penetrate Discountvouchers's security measures;
i. the Site or the Discountvouchers Services in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with the Terms herein, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, the Site or the Discountvouchers Services or any operating system;
j. not to (or attempt to) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Site or the Discountvouchers Services or features that (i) prevent or restrict use or copying of Discountvouchers Content; or, (ii) enforce limitations on the use of the Discountvouchers Services or the accessible Discountvouchers Content;
k. not to use the Site to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, viruses, trojans, worms, keystroke logger, rootkit, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
l. to comply with all technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the Discountvouchers;
m. not infringe our Intellectual Property Rights or those of any third party in relation to Your use of the Site or the Discountvouchers Services;
n. not to attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site;
o. not to conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the or the Discountvouchers Services, or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Discountvouchers Services; and,
p. not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching certain provisions above, You would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing Your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, Your right to use our Site will cease immediately. You are responsible for configuring Your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use Your own virus protection software.
- 14. ENTIRE TERMS/ SEVERABILITY
- 15. ASSIGNMENT
- These Terms shall be personal to You and You may not assign, transfer or delegate all or any of Your rights and obligations, without Discountvouchers's prior written consent. Discountvouchers reserves the right to assign or transfer all or any of its rights and obligations under these Terms to any companies in the same group as Discountvouchers or other third party. In the event of assignment or transfer, notification will either be given to You by e-mail or posted on the Site.
- 16. NO WAIVER
- Failure by either Discountvouchers or You to exercise or enforce any right conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar that exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
- 17. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
- You may enforce these Terms in accordance with the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the 'Act'). Except as provided above, these Terms do not create any right enforceable by any person who is not a party to it under the Act, but do not affect any right or remedy that a third party has which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- 18. LAW AND JURISDICTION
- All of these Terms are governed by English Law and any disputes arising in relation to these Terms and/or the Site are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- 19. DEFINITIONS
- In these Terms (except where the context otherwise requires) the following words shall have the following meanings:
Claims: means all demands, claims and liability (actual and consequential and direct and indirect and whether known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, criminal or civil, in contract, tort or otherwise for all Losses including any other expenses of any nature whatsoever.
Codes: refers to all codes governing standards (including for these purposes ancillary guidance notes and advice) published by regulatory authorities or other industry professional bodies including but not limited to the Advertising Standards Authority, Trading Standards, the Office of Fair Trading, the Direct Marketing Association, the Information Commissioners Office, the Department for Business Innovation & Skills and to be construed so as to include any and all references to any amendments, modifications or consolidations constituting the most up-to-date versions thereof but specifically including the CAP Code.
Complaint: means any dissatisfaction expressed by, or any complaint made by, a Discountvouchers User as against Discountvouchers in connection with the provision of the Discountvouchers Services.
Data Protection Legislation: GDPR 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000 (SI 2000/2699), the Electronic Communications Data Protection Directive (2002/58/EC), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2426/2003) and all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of Personal Data and privacy, including where applicable the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner.
Deal(s): refers to one of the compared daily deals promoted on and accessible via the Discountvouchers Platform.
Deal Details: refers to the details pertaining to a Deal as published on the Discountvouchers Platform.
Deal Websites: refers to the relevant Third Party Promoter Site or the Third Party Retailer Site.
Discountvouchers Member: refers to the person who has undergone Sign-Up and registered on the Site.
Discountvouchers Member Preferences: refers to Your filtered preferences that You set up.
Discountvouchers Newsletters: refers to the email alerts that We send to You pursuant to Your Sign-Up.
Discountvouchers Platform: refers to the online platform provided to You by Discountvouchers via the Site.
Discountvouchers Services: refers to those services provided by Discountvouchers.
Discountvouchers Visitor(s): refers to the person who visits the Site but does not undergo Sign-Up.
Intellectual Property Rights: refers to all intellectual property rights wherever in the world arising, whether registered or unregistered (and including any application), including copyright, know-how, confidential information, trade secrets, business names and domain names, trademarks, service marks, trade names, patents, petty patents, utility models, design rights, semi-conductor topography rights, database rights and all rights in the nature of unfair competition rights or rights to sue for passing off.
Legislation: includes all applicable laws, Acts of Parliament (including the Acts) and Treaties as well as Data Protection Legislation and all orders, regulations, directives, conventions and subordinate legislation made pursuant to such an Act or Treaty or otherwise having the force of law in relation to the content and broadcast of Campaigns including references to any amendment, modification, consolidation or re-enactment for the time being in force.
Losses: means any claims, losses, demands, actions, third party claims, damages, costs (including court costs and legal fees), fines, liabilities, obligations, liens and expenses.
Personal Data: as defined in the Data Protection Legislation.
Purchasing Site: refers to the website on which a purchase of a Deal can be completed.
Purchasing Terms: refers to the legal purchase terms and conditions applicable to, and governing, the purchase of a Deal from the Seller Party.
Seller Party/Parties: refers to the party who actually sells the Deal to a Discountvouchers User whether that is a Third Party Retailer or a Third Party Promoter on their behalf.
Sign-Up: as referred to in Clause 4.1.
Site: means a website owned and operated by Discountvouchers including www.discountvouchers.co.uk which hosts the Discountvouchers Platform.
Third Party Promoter: refers to the party who may be promoting the products or services constituting a Deal on the Third Party Promoter Site on behalf of a Third Party Retailer.
Third Party Promoter Site: refers to the website of the Third Party Promoter.
Third Party Promoter Terms: refers to the service or trading terms of the Third Party Promoter made available on the Third Party Promoter Site as applicable.
Third Party Retailer: refers to the party who is the owner of, or licensor of, the products or services constituting a Deal.
Third Party Retailer Site: refers to the website of the Third Party Retailer.
Third Party Retailer Terms: refers to the trading terms governing the products and services advertised on the Site which are owned by, or licensed to Third Party Retailers.